Friday, July 18, 2008

No more burgers for me.

My family is in town for the weekend and one of the things we love to do as a family is eat.  So tonight we had a huge BBQ and I am so proud of myself... I had a turkey burger, on a healthy wheat bun and watermelon and I felt fine.  Don't get me wrong... passing the seasoned french fries, buttery corn on the cob, and brownies to the person sitting next to me was not easy but I feel so satisfied that I let the food pass.  Changing my eating habits is going to be a huge shift for me.  I not only need to loose the weight that I gained during my pregnancy - but I need to develop better eating patterns for my life.   I am working hard to count my calories daily and record my protein and fiber.  I need to normally have around 1200 calories for the weight loss but because I am breast feeding I also need to consume and extra 600 calories a day... So this next week I will record a couple of my daily food journals.  


1 comment:

The American Boot Camp Company said...

Next time your family is in town for a BBQ, try cutting up some sweet potatoes and seasoning them instead of french fries. You can also use Laura's Lean Beef for your burgers. With only 4% fat, it is sometimes more healthy than ground turkey!

You made so many good choices! All of your boot camp instructors are proud of you!